Fraser Valley Wellness Center is a fully licensed addiction and anxiety disorders therapy center. We offer professional, cost effective, anxiety treatment in Abbotsford, the Fraser Valley and the Greater Vancouver Lower Mainland. Psychotherapy, or talk therapy, aimed at correcting harmful thought patterns, are at the core of our holistic approach to anxiety treatment.
Anxiety is one of the most common mental illnesses worldwide and yet many individuals still live with untreated, debilitating anxiety. For people with anxiety, worry and fear are persistent and overpowering. Left untreated, it can be debilitating. It is difficult to lead a normal life with the anguish brought on by extreme anxiety.
Anxiety affects everyone at one time or another. Whether it’s feeling nervous about a new job, before exams, or when making an important decision. Nevertheless, when extreme fear and worry get to be overwhelming and prevent the performance of everyday tasks, it may be caused by an anxiety disorder.
Anxiety Disorders and Symptoms
“Anxiety disorder” can also refer to more specific psychiatric conditions concerning irrational and intense fear or worry, such as:
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Phobias (heights, small spaces, snakes, spiders etc.)
- General anxiety disorder
General symptoms can be mental and physical, and are similar for all the types of anxiety:
- Irrational panic, fear, worry
- An unreasonable sense of imminent danger or doom
- Poor concentration
- Shortness of breath, breathing too fast (hyperventilation)
- Quickening heart beat
- Dry mouth
- Muscle tension
- Dizziness, trembling, sweating
When to Seek Therapy for Anxiety
Although stress and anxiety are a part of everyday life, it may be time to seek anxiety treatment when you are:
- Worrying so much that it negatively affects work, relationships or the general enjoyment of life.
- Having irrational, uncontrollable, continuous and distressing fear and worry.
- Feeling depressed, having problems with alcohol or drugs, or dealing with other mental health issues with the anxiety.
- Having suicidal thoughts or behaviors – emergency treatment is needed immediately!
Anxiety disorders are complex, and without therapy can have a devastating effect on life. At FVW, our holistic anxiety treatment therapy gives patients the knowledge and skills they need to lead an independent, productive, happy life.
If you or a loved one is struggling with the debilitating effects of an anxiety disorder, call us, or schedule a free, no obligation PHONE CONSULTATION on programs for anxiety treatment.