Fraser Valley Wellness Center provides confidential opioid treatment. We are a private, fully licensed, opioid addiction rehab and treatment centre serving Abbotsford, the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver. We offer low cost effective rates on opioid treatment.
Opioid abuse and addiction are widespread problems in today’s society. Whether it’s the deliberate misuse of prescription medicines, or the recreational abuse of illegal drugs, opioids have an overwhelming effect on individuals, families and communities around the world. Opioid drug addiction is an uncontrollable craving for and compulsive use of a drug. Continual opioid use regardless of recurring, destructive consequences, is an indicator that a person needs rehab and professional opioid treatment.
Opioid drug addiction is a disorder where something that began as occasional and enjoyable, is now something someone can’t live without. Opioid pain medications are extremely addictive, as they stimulate powerful reward centres in the brain. Here are some types of opioid pain medications:
- Fentanyl (Actiq, Duragesic, Fentora)
- Hydrocodone (Hysingla ER, Zohydro ER)
- Hydrocodone-acetaminophen (Lorcet, Lortab, Norco, Vicodin)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Exalgo)
- Meperidine (Demerol)
- Methadone (Dolophine, Methadose)
- Morphine (Astramorph, Avinza, Kadian, MS Contin, Ora-Morph SR)
- Oxycodone (OxyContin, Oxecta, Roxicodone)
- Oxycodone and acetaminophen (Percocet, Endocet, Roxicet)
- Oxycodone and naloxone (Targiniq ER)
Initially with opioid use, abuse of the substance is easy to hide. However, eventually some signs and symptoms start to show. The longer the abuse is left untreated, usually the longer it takes for rehab and opioid treatment.
Opioid Addiction Signs and Symptoms
The potential harm of untreated opioid abuse can be immeasurable. Extended use can seriously lower blood pressure, cause an irregular heart rate, respiratory depression and liver damage. Opioid usage can also lead to memory loss, permanent brain damage, anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions.
The signs of abuse depend on which opioids being used. Here are common warning signs and symptoms of opioid addiction:
- Lying about pain to obtain prescriptions
- Obtaining prescriptions from more than one doctor
- Declining performance at work and unexplained absences
- Detaching from friends and/or family
- Stealing medications from others
- Obvious changes, like weight loss or worsening hygiene
- Scabs, sores or puncture wounds indicative of IV drug use
- Declining motor skills and coordination
- Digestive issues like vomiting or diarrhea
- Pupil constriction
- Slowed reasoning
- Compromised decision making and problem-solving
- Feelings of detachment from surroundings-people
- Trouble concentrating
- Emotional swings
- Abrupt, unprovoked outbursts
- Moodiness, depression
Personal difficulties such as family conflict, financial loss, unemployment, imprisonment, and homelessness are also possible consequences when addicted to opioids.
At Fraser Valley Wellness, addiction is seen not as a disease but as a symptom of other underlying problems. These problems are uncovered and addressed with an opioid treatment plan tailored to each individual.
Fraser Valley Wellness Center uses three progressive holistic approaches for opioid treatment:
Expressive Arts Therapy: Incorporating psychology and the creative process in a variety of forms, to support psychological and emotional development and healing.
Yoga Therapy: Treating the physical and mental addiction simultaneously by replacing unhealthy behaviors, restoring body and mind and teaching coping measures for handling stress, pain and other adversities.
These methods are utilized to uncover and address the underlying causes of the addiction, establishing a clear path to recovery. If you are ready to start back on the road to recovery, give us a call. You can also schedule a free PHONE CONSULTATION on programs for opioid treatment.